Valorant developers worked hard to publish the game and release it to the people. However, this does not mean that Valorant is perfect. There are lots of things that Valorant players demand and Riot hears them out, which is why they update the game consistently.
Aside from that, the other reason why Riot updated Valorant is to make the game more interesting and attract other people to play the game. However, there are some Valorant players who are experiencing some update problems.
In this article, we will talk about the 4 main Valorant update problems that most Valorant players experience. I will also give you the fix to all of these Valorant update problems. Let’s go!
Why Does My Valorant Not Update?
Most of the time, you can’t update your Valorant because of a glitch in Riot Vanguard or small bugs that are in the game, or because there are problems with the internet.
- Minor bugs
- Unstable internet connection
- Outdated Windows and Graphics drivers
- Valorant does not have administrator rights
- Background apps taking bandwidth
- Firewall blocking Valorant
- Problems with Riot Vanguard
No matter what the problem is, we’ll try to fix it so that your Valorant can update quickly.
It might be as easy as one, two, or three to fix the problem. Start by turning off and then on again your computer or router.
You can then look into what happened and figure out what the best solution is. In the same way, if restarting your computer didn’t fix the problem, you should try one of the other solutions.
Here’s The Fix!
- Update Windows and the graphics driver
- Graphics Driver Update
- Run Valorant as Administrator
- Close Apps in the Background
- Let Valorant pass through the firewall.
- Reinstall Riot Vanguard
It’s also possible that the most recent version of the game has a bug that makes it impossible to upgrade. If this is the case, your only choice would be to wait until a newer update with a fix for the problem comes out.
Why Does My Valorant Update Keep Going To 0.1 kb/s?
One of the main reasons why Valorant downloads get stuck at 0.1KB/s is that the internet connection is not strong enough. But that’s not the only possible reason. There are a lot more people who could be to blame for the problem:
- If there is a problem with the DNS server that keeps happening, it can slow down how fast you can download Valorant.
- Some important Riot Client services can be blocked by Windows Defender Firewall, which can slow down downloads.
- The problem could also be caused by network drivers that are old or broken.
Luckily, the problem can be fixed quickly with a few simple steps.
Here’s The Fix!
- Restart the download
- Check your internet connection
- Close all the Discord services from the background of your PC
- Switch to Google’s DNS server
- Allow the Riot Client to communicate through the Windows Defender Firewall
- Uninstall AVAST anti-virus
- Flush your DNS cache
- Update your network drivers
- Change Riot client priority
- Restart the network settings
Using the Riot Client to download Valorant or to update it is a very easy process. But the client can also have problems now and then.
If the Valorant update or download gets stuck at 0.1KB/s, you can try any of the above solutions. But if nothing worked and things got really bad, you could try getting in touch with the Riot Games support team.
Why Does My Valorant Update Keep Pausing?
If your VALORANT update keeps stopping, there are a few clear reasons why, and they should all be easy to figure out at the very least. Most of the time, this problem is caused by two things: an unstable internet connection and not enough storage space on your device.
When your Internet connection isn’t stable, it has less to do with how fast it is and more to do with how strong it is. Resetting your router and your computer’s network settings is one of the most obvious things you can do. This can be found in the Control Panel’s “Network and Internet” section by going to the “Advanced Network Settings Option” section and clicking on “Network Reset.”
If this still doesn’t work and you think it might be your internet connection, you could also connect your device to your router via ethernet. This will give you the most reliable connection and avoid any problems that WiFi might cause.
It’s easy to figure out if this is a problem when it comes to storage. Usually, you can see how big the update you’re downloading is, so go to “My Computer” to check if the drive you’re going to install it on has enough free space.
You can also make it easier to clear up space on your computer by downloading the WinDirStat program, which shows you a full list of everything on your storage drives. This can help you find and get rid of files you might have missed otherwise, freeing up space in the process.
If your device has older parts, you should avoid multitasking because it can make it hard to download VALORANT updates. Using other programs, even if it’s just Chrome, can use up some of your fairly limited bandwidth. If you’re not careful, this can cause things like downloads and installations to stop or slow down.
The last thing that could be causing your VALORANT update to keep pausing is how your firewall is set up. If it is not set up correctly, it can easily stop any downloads or connections to the internet.
The best thing to do is to whitelist the executable files for VALORANT and Riot Client. This is done in a different way for each antivirus program. If you do this, the two files will be able to get around your firewall and work without being stopped.
So, if your VALORANT update keeps pausing, this should explain why and give you a few things to try that should hopefully fix the problem. In the meantime, check out this guide to learn how to copy a crosshair in VALORANT.
Why Does My Valorant Update Everytime I Open It?
Some Valorant players are now getting stuck in an update loop when they launch the game. But Valorant players have had this problem before, and it won’t go away when the new updates come out.
The problem happens sometimes every time the user opens Valorant. Even though the problem is hard to find, some troubleshooting techniques will help fix it. From what we’ve learned, the Riot Client can’t read the updated files from the last time. So, it starts over with the files.
As the update loop shows, there are many things that can cause this problem. Here are some things that may be to blame for the Valorant keeps updating problem:
- Not having the right security settings
- Random Glitch or Bug Lack of Drive Space Causes the Antivirus to Not Work
- Not having the right permissions as an administrator
Here’s The Fix!
If your Valorant update everytime you open it, below are the possible fixes that you can execute. Let’s check them out!
- Restart your Riot client
- Make sure your disk has enough space
- Allow Riot client through firewall
- Run the Riot client as administrator
- Turn of any Antivirus you have
- Reinstall Valorant
Why Does Valorant Update So Slow?
Why does Valorant take so long to get? In addition to a bad internet connection, there are other things that could be to blame. Here’s a summary of what they are:
- Too many processes that use a lot of bandwidth are running in the background.
- Your DNS server is giving you trouble.
- Some important files can’t be downloaded because your antivirus software or Windows Firewall is stopping them.
- Network drivers that are out of date or broken
- Slow speed to read and write on the disk
- A short-term mistake
Here’s The Fix!
Now you should have a good idea of why Valorant updates so slowly as a whole. Let’s figure out how to fix it.
- Speed up your internet
- Close all bandwidth-hogging processes in your task manager
- Switch to another DNS server
- Whitelist the game to your antivirus or Windows firewall
- Set the Riot client priority to high
- Check your network adapter driver
So that’s it! Those are the Valorant update problems that most Valorant players, including me, experience. If the fixes for each Valorant update problem does not work, try contacting Riot on their website to address your Valorant update issue.